2019 X-Country meet
Date(s) - 21/09/2019
Bear Creek Park
September 21, 2019
2019 Cross Country Meet For All Schools and Track Clubs
Bear Creek Park, Surrey, B.C.
Hosted and Organized by the
South Fraser Track & Field Club
Sanctioned By: BC Athletics
Meet package in PDF format here (update date Sept 1, 2019): 2019 Cross Country Meet Package Sept2019
Team Manager Events: tfmm2018-09-22-MeetEvents-2019 SFTC X Country Meet-001
Performance List(updated Sept 20, 2019): performance-list-v1
Alpha Roster (updated Sept 20, 2019): athlete-roster-by-team-v1
RESULTS (updated Sept 23, 2019): meet-results-v1
- ALL registration entries (ages 6-99) is online via Trackie: www.Trackiereg.com/2019-sftc-xc
- Fees must be paid before the package is collected. Non BC Athletics members please add $3 to the fee below.
- Registration Deadline: Sept. 18 at 11:59 pm. Late registration deadline: Sept. 19 at 11:59 pm.
- Email registration concerns to Ionut Aron at email@example.com
- Registration is also available at the track. Day of meet entries will be accepted.
- IMPORTANT! High school athletes have to be registered under their school name, NOT under their club. At the BCSS AGM from May 12, 2018, a resolution was passed that high school athletes cannot compete against club athletes in the same race. (Notice 47, paragraph 60.3.4: “In the event of individual sports, high school athletes belonging to club teams should compete only as a member of their High School and only compete against High School athletes”). All high school athletes registered under their club will have their registration changed to UNATTACHED (UNBC).
|Year of Birth||BC Athletics Members||Late fee|
|Open (1998 & Earlier) 20+
years & Masters 35+ years
REGISTRATION PACKAGES: Please make all cheques payable to “South Fraser Track and Field Club.” Clubs and schools must designate a responsible person to pick up, completely pay for the club package and pass out bib numbers to their club members (the meet registration booth will not be able to hand out individual bib numbers).
DIRECTIONS TO BEAR CREEK PARK: exit 50 on Hwy 1; go along 160th, Turn right on 88th Ave. The entry to the park is on the left before King George Hwy.
RACE COURSE: is a combination of Grass, Dirt, Hardtop and Lime Chippings: spikes are NOT recommended.
AWARDS: will be given as follows: Medals 1st to 3rd places; Ribbons 4th to 8th places for 6-19 year old participants. Numbers provided by the registrar must be worn during the race. Altered tags of numbers will result in disqualification.
*Please note that the medals and ribbons will not be mailed. They must be claimed before end of the meet.
ELECTRONIC TIMING: will be used for all running events.
RULES: IAAF Rules will apply.
FIRST AID: Med Tech Emergency Medical Services will be onsite. Surrey Memorial Hospital – 1km distance away.
MARSHALLING: Athletes must check in at event area 20 minutes prior to the start of the event.
COMPETITION BIB NUMBERS: will not be issued until the entry fee is paid. Number pick up starts at 8:00 am Saturday at the tent next to the concession stand. Packages must be paid for before any athlete can participate in an event, therefore a club or school representative must be assigned to pick up the numbers and pay for the entries.
|Time of Event||Event||Distance|
|10:00||Course Walk through (Everyone)||All distances|
|10:30||Open Women/Men 20+ & Masters will
run same time and distances
|11:15||2013 Girls/Boys 6yrs||1000m|
|11:15||2012 Girls/Boys 7 yrs||1000m|
|11:15||2011 Girls/Boys 8 yrs||1000m|
|11:40||2010 Girls/Boys 9 yrs||1500m|
|11:55||2009 Girls/Boys 10 yrs||2000m|
|12:10||2008 Girls/Boys 11 yrs||2000m|
|12:25||2007 Girls/Boys 12 yrs||3000m|
|12:45||2006 Girls/Boys 13 yrs||3000m|
|1:10||2005 Girls/Boys 14 yrs||4000m|
|1:10||2004 Girls/Boys 15 yrs||4000m|
|1:10||2003-2002 Girls/Boys 16/17 yrs||4000m|
|1:45||2001-2000 Girls/Boys 18/19 yrs||6000m|
All races start on grass and will be clearly marked.
Note: the course will be marked, have spotters and rabbits and turtles on bikes.
1000m: Run around the track and out towards the North-West exit of the track and around a set of cones.
1500m: 1 short loop and finish at the finish line (actual distance 1450m+)
2000m: 1 long loop
3000m: 1 long loop + 1 short loop
4000m: 2 long loops
5000m: 2 long loops and 1 short loop
6000m: 2 long loops and 2 short loops